Monday 1 April 2013

Donations


Aside from selling cupcakes, I decided to approach a number of retail organisations in preparation for my trip to India, in order to see if they could help in any way  While most of the major retailers already noted existing commitments and were unable to help, a wonderful online retailer that specializes in wooden toys (Wooden Toy Shop www.woodentoyshop.co.uk) kindly donated a £40 voucher to purchase some items for Parichay.



After liaising with Vijay, we decided that the following items would be useful for the children:

Melissa and Doug’s First Bead Maze
BigJigs Ball and Cup
BigJigs Jacobs Ladder
Wooden Lacing Shoe
Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Cube

Both myself and Vijay were extremely impressed with the quality of the toys, they are both sturdy and built to last. I would like to thank Wooden Toy Shop for it's generous contribution that will help with improving the various skills for the children at Parichay. To view Wooden Toy Shop's range, visit their website at www.woodentoyshop.co.uk.




Another wonderful retailer that I would like to extend my thanks to is Kid's IQ Books. Imagine my surprise when I received a three packages worth of books after requesting support from them! The range included some kid's classics for the older kids and some some maths learning books among a variety of other titles. I was touched by the generosity of Kid's IQ Books and the variety that they sent to me for Parichay will most definitely cover a wide range of skill sets. See Kid's IQ Books' range of titles at www.kidsiqbooks.com.





I am also very grateful to the National Literacy Trust for the wide range of books they donated to Parichay. Considering they are also a charitable organisation, I astounded at the amount of books and stationary items donated by them, covering a wide range of topics - such as books on Poland and it's culture, Gujarati folk stories in English and Hindi, and other useful books.





 In addition to this I also obtained a £20 voucher from Tesco, with which I used to purchase a variety of stationary items. Along with the items purchased and brought by me and the money obtained via my cupcake fundraising, Parichay will remain well stocked for a long while!

I would also like to thank my mother for paying for my third suitcase so that I was able to take all of these wonderful items to Parichay.


No comments:

Post a Comment