Monday 30 July 2012

Last Few Days




As I write out letters to each of the seniors to keep with them as a memory of my visit, it is slowly dawning on me that I have two days left with the children.
Whenever I was feeling distressed or alien in such a different culture, it was always the thought of going to the project and seeing the seniors that made me feel much better, and made any negative experience seem minuscule.
My re-occurring Delhi-belly throughout the trip has never stopped me from going to the project, because I did not want to miss any opportunity to bond with the children. On my occasional days off where Vijay attended the project (without me), the children always asked where I was, and why I was not there, and why they were not pre-informed about this. In such a short space of time, a mutual, unbreakable bond has been created with myself and Parichay's senior children that can never be broken.
I intend to make sure the children enjoy their final few days with me, I have arranged a party, and a possible visit to the magnificent Akshardham Temple on the condition that all senior children will be able to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment